I had a blast proofreading an ebook for a new client. If your ebook is in need of one final polish, reach out – I would love to talk to you about how to give your book one more look-through to make sure the copy is excellent and something you can be proud of!
What I’ve Been Reading
The only reading I did this month was proofreading in anticipation of The Nun Diaries – Why I Was a One-Year Nun which is available now on Amazon. I consider this book my opus. The story of why I was a lousy Catholic nun took two years to write, but I am so very proud of it. Thought-provoking, irreverent and unflinching, The Nun Diaries offers a glimpse of life in a modern convent from a woman on the inside. My story highlights some of the issues that the 50,000 American nuns face today:
- Dealing with the internal struggle that stems from vows of poverty, chastity and obedience
- Coping with depression and anxiety in such a radical environment
- Living with the reality of an increasingly aged population of sisters
- Serving God in a variety of social ministries
- Attempting to communicate with God even in the darkest of times
- Finding humor in such a unique way of life
I feel privileged the book was mention on Dan Miller’s 48 Days podcast (the first podcast I EVER listened to!) and I hope to conduct more media interviews in the near future!
On the Prairie
They say April showers bring May flowers…so what do May showers bring?
We had flooding on one end of the state and 24” of snow with blizzards on the other side. Normally I love the rain and all, but it was a bit much, even for me!